My Followers

Thursday 3 January 2013

Design your own Backng at Craft

Good morning hope you are all keeping well nearly weekend again. Today is Thursday and now it is time for another challenge at CRAFT and I have to tell you I nearly ran for the hill when Jo came up with
MAKE YOUR OWN BACKING PAPER
totally out of my comfort zone but hey when I got to it I kind of enjoyed it.
Well we have another fab set of sponsors for this challenge that have all been very generous

I have used a image from Saturated Canary and have used shades of Blue for my card.
sorry about the dark picture but light is so bad one day i will get a good daylight lamp. I have coloured the image with my promarkers. The sentiment is a whimsy stamp. Ribbon is from my stash. Card is from Papermill. Now my backing paper is made by stamping in various inkpads with a set of very tiny stamps. The paper behind the image is made with distress inks I dab it onto a non stick sheet and then sprayed water and then placed my paper onto it. I then dried my paper with a heat gun. I thought it looked a bit like the rain we have been having lately. Added a blue gem to the sentiment and a few drop gems. 
Well what do you think of my backing paper. Dont forget that the rest of the team has made some fab creations so check them out for more inspiration.
Well thanks for joining me today and having a peep at my little creation. I guess sometimes it is good to be pushed outside your comfort zone.
Hope to see you over at the blog. Catch you tomorrow with our 1st Crafty Catz challenge of the new year and our new gdt jills creation
Challenges
Saturated Canary - song ( Rain Drops keep falling on my head)
Papertake Weekly - anything goes
Digi Make over challenge -anything goes
Glitter & Sparkle - fave colour ( Blue)
One stitch at a time - Use a digi

18 comments:

Kim said...

hi Sue, love the card and your backing papers look gorgeous! great idea!
Kim x

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous Sue! I love the papers you made; the one behind the image is perfect for the rainy theme. Love the image and the raindrop gems. FAB!!
xx

Naomi Johnson said...

Love the backing papers. They've worked really well. Great card x

kay said...

This is awesome Sue,love the rain effect on your backing paper,x

Crafting Vicky said...

You really did a fabulous job with this card. I really love the color combination.

Thanks for joining us as Digi Makeover this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Beautiful, I love the soft blues. I hope you had a fab Christmas and that the new year brings you fantastic things
Lindsay xx

tilly said...

just shows what you can do when you try, a super card and backing paper is fab
Tilly x

Aunty Sue said...

Omg she is still even on holiday.lol. Thanks Matie

craftygranny said...

Wow gorgeous backing papers and great image . Thanks for joining us at glitternsparkle hugs trisha x

craftygranny said...

Wow this is fab. I've never made backing paper. You're very good at it it is lovely. Thanks for joining us at osaat hugs trisha x dt

coops said...

so gorgeous sue.fab sc image and your papers are stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Hazel said...

You made a good job of your backing paper, it looks great. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Hazel x

sharon said...

Beautiful card, such pretty colours. Sharon x

Loopylou. said...

oh thats fab Sue! love the rain theme.
thank you so much for sharing it with us over on the Saturated Canary challenge blog
hugs Lou xxx

Pinkies Sparkly Creations said...

this is stunning thanks for joining us at glitter n sparkle and good luck emma xx

sam said...

Such a stunning card thanks for joining us at glitternsparkle Sam DT xx

Jane said...

Excellent job with the papers!
Loving your card too...I very nearly used this image for my card....love her!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Saturated Canary Challenges! X

Debs said...

fabby card Sue...thanks for sharing with us at Saturated canary..hugs Debs x